The Raintrain Traveling Sprinkler is one of the greatest inventions in my gardening lifetime!
The Raintrain water sprinkler will travel across my yard by using a water hose as the “rail” or guide as it waters my lawn and garden for me. All I have to do is set out the hose and the Raintrain sprinkler in the early morning or evening. Then turn on the water. In a few hours my entire yard has been watered for me while I stay cool inside my air conditioned home.
This system saves me a tremendous amount of time. I no longer have to run outside to move the sprinkler in order to water my entire yard. The Raintrain self propels itself across my yard and waters everything as it goes.
How I First Learned About the Raintrain Traveling Sprinkler
My father was the first in our family to purchase a Raintrain sprinkler. At first, it was simply fascinating to watch the yellow train move across the lawn. My children loved helping him set out the Raintrain. They would even beg him to water his grass just so they could watch the train sprinkle the yard. To be honest, I never gave it much thought. However, when we sodded our own backyard, I needed something that would water the sod constantly. The standard sprinkler were a major pain to keep moving around the backyard. Then, I reminded Dad’s Raintrain! I borrowed his for a day and it was an absolute miracle! Of course, then I had to have my own. That was over a decade ago and my Raintrain is still working and still watering my grass and flower beds for me.
Features of the Raintrain Traveling Sprinkler
Aside from looking like a yellow train engine, the Raintree sprinkler has some other fabulous features.
- Cast Iron Body
- Self Propels Across the Grass
- Can Travel 200 feet
- Includes Automatic Shut-off Ramp
- Adjustable Rotary Spray Arms
- 3 Speed Settings – Slow for Saturation to Fast for Quicker, Lighter Sprinkling
- Chip Resistant Paint
- Limited 2 Year Warranty
THE RAINTRAIN TRAVELING SPRINKLER
A Few Things to Remember
- Lay Out the Hose with Wide Curves to Allow the Train Sufficent Room to Turn
- Use the Auto Shut-off Ramp to Stop the Raintrain. Otherwise, you could soak yourself trying to turn off the water.
- Don’t hold the Sprinkler by the Sprinkling Arms
- It Weighs Approximately 18 pounds
- Carry by Hand Hold Hole in the Front Top